Cucumbers are delicious in salads and water, they are also a great anti-inflammatory and reduce puffiness on the skin. However, it has recently come to our attention cucumbers can be used for so much more. FourFit will never look at them in the same way again.
1) Cucumbers contain a wide variety of vitamins needed on a daily basis: Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5 and B6. Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2) After lunch tiredness? Put down the tea, coffee, fizzy pop and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are an amazing source of B Vitamin and Carbs that provide a quick pick-me-up to get you through those last few hours of your shift.
3) Rubbing a slice of cucumber of your bathroom mirror can eliminate the steam and leaves you with a refreshing scent.
4) Slugs in your greenhouse? Slugs do not like the aroma cucumber gives off, so place a few slices around inside and your greenhouse should be pest free in all seasons.
5) Cellulite and wrinkles? Rubbing cucumber on these problems areas for a few minutes has been known to help tighten collagen in the skin, thus firming and reducing the visibility of cellulite and wrinkles.
6) Looking for another hangover cure healthier than the traditional bacon butty? Why not try and eat a few slices of cucumber before going to bed. The natural sugars and B Vitamins contained in cucumber helps keep you replenished, avoiding that dreadful next day hangover.
7) Run out of shoe polish? Rub freshly sliced cucumber over your shoe, the chemicals inside will provide a quick and durable shin that also repels water.
8) Running back to the office after lunch and have an important meeting? Cucumbers can be used as a palette cleanser. Hold in the mouth for roughly 30 seconds before chewing and swallowing.
9) Shine you sink! Rubbing cucumber over the surface area will not only remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine. It will also leave your sink streak free and smelling amazing!
10) Don't have a rubber? Made a mistake in pen? Take the outside of the cucumber and use it to slowly erase the mistake. This technique is also great to use on crayons and markers.